Thursday, March 15, 2012

Erin Go Bragh!

These are are a few of the Celtic crosses that I've collected from family trips over to Ireland over the years. I started collecting them when I was in my late teens, with the idea that I would have a wall of crosses one day. I probably have about 100 or so (not all from Ireland - I have several from Scotland, England and other places I've traveled), and sadly I don't really have enough space in my house or even an empty wall that would work. So for the time being, I only have about a dozen or so hung up. These are some of the most meaningful and sentimental ones I have and remind me of special times with my family, especially my grandmother who has since passed away. I still miss her laugh and her travel stories every day, and I know she would have loved to have seen these all together :) Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment